Large crowd expected for Indians Playoff Game
Indians host home playoff game tomorrow in Gateway complex
The City of Cleveland and the Division of Police are expecting a large crowd downtown tomorrow, October 2, 2013, for the Indians home playoff game versus the Tampa Bay Rays. A large crowd is expected at the Gateway complex to take part in the festivities. The confluence of inbound and outbound vehicular traffic could potentially result in traffic delays.
In an effort to prevent unnecessary inconvenience to motorists, and to ensure an enjoyable experience downtown, the Cleveland Division of Police offers the following tips:
- Arrive downtown early
- Utilize public transportation such as buses and the rapid transit system
- If driving is necessary or desirable plan a travel route into and out of the city and have a secondary route in mind
- Familiarize yourself with downtown parking garages and surface lots – understand that the lots nearest the ballpark generally fill up first
- Abide by parking prohibitions (street parking is illegal on streets adjacent to Progressive Field before, during and immediately after each game)
- Be aware of increased pedestrian traffic particularly around the Gateway complex
The Bureau of Traffic will supplement their customary allotment of traffic enforcement officers with additional police officers and traffic controllers to facilitate traffic into and out of downtown and to assist with pedestrian traffic. In addition, numerous officers will be detailed to the area during the event for added security and crowd control.