The Cleveland Division of Police, along with the Federal Bureau of Investigation Cleveland Division continue to investigate the abduction of a six year old girl which occurred on Saturday, May 21, 2016 at approximately 4:30am in the 3000 Block of West 104th Street. The child was kept by her abductor for approximately 17 hours before being dropped off in the area of West 104th Street and Lyric Avenue.
Today, we make a plea to the community for help in identifying a dangerous criminal. We have critical information to get out to the public, information that is very specific and we hope will lead to an arrest in this case.
We know that the six year old victim in this case was taken from her home in the early morning hours of Saturday, May 21st. The victim in this case is a brave young lady and she has provided our investigators with important information that we feel will help to identify her abductor.
Please understand that we are still in the early stages of the investigation and that we are releasing information when it is appropriate to do so. Our public information officers will keep you apprised of any updates that become available.
We, in law enforcement often rely on tips from the public to put the pieces together. The Cleveland Division of Police thanks the Federal Bureau of Investigation for the continued support in this endeavor.
Following is information obtained from the victim relative to the abduction. Much of the information is very unique and specific and we hope that this will lead to the suspect being identified and subsequently taken into custody:
– The suspect is described as a white male with light brown hair and a neatly trimmed beard, approximately 5’10” tall. The suspect had a least one tattoo and was wearing a red or maroon hoodie. The suspect may have been seen in the area of the abduction, West 104th and Western Avenue, a week prior to the abduction.
– Do you know anyone that resides in a brick house with a white door and black front porch railings? The suspect arrived early at the residence, approximately 5:00am, likely spent the entire day in a room in the residence, and left the residence on Saturday evening.
– Do you know anyone that has some type of mural/wallpaper/picture on a bedroom wall that contains moose or deer with grass and trees?
– There are two witnesses who likely did not realize what was going on in the home they were in on Saturday. Our victim advised a black man and a brown woman were also located in the residence where she was taken. However, the victim was likely concealed when she was taken into and from the residence and she does not believe these adults saw her. According to our victim’s recollection, the woman was cooking on Saturday and knocked on the bedroom door telling her abductor that she was cooking. The 6 year-old was told to hide while the suspect was interacting with the other adults in the residence.
– We believe it is very likely these adults, again described as a black male and brown female, in a residence with a white male with a beard, have no knowledge of the victim being in the bedroom. We are asking them to call law enforcement immediately.
– Along with the black male and brown female, the victim also described two dogs, one white and one brown, located in the residence where she was held.
– We also want to speak to anyone located in the vicinity of West 104th and Western Avenue on Saturday morning between 3:30 and 4:30am as well as individuals in the vicinity of Lorain and West 140th around 9:15pm on Saturday night. If you were driving or walking, in those areas around those specified times please call.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation has dedicated a tip line specifically to this case. Anyone with information is asked to call 216-622-6842 .