Crossing Guards Needed! Apply Today! Medical benefits available!
Crossing Guards Needed
The Cleveland Division of Police is accepting applications for school crossing guards by contacting Cleveland Police directly.
Duties include helping children safely cross streets to get to their public, parochial and charter schools for about one hour in the morning and one hour in the afternoon. Compensation is $20.50 per day and employees are eligible for health care through the City of Cleveland.
Interested applicants may directly contact the Division of Police at 216-623-5080.
Some employment requirements include:
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be able to work the required hours on school days
• Must be able to lift at least 35 pounds (the weight of a small child)
• Must pass a background check
• Must pass a drug screening
Once an applicant is hired, there is a required orientation and training session that must be completed. Crossing Guards are also required to attend an annual paid inservice.